What do you recommend as a pad for our new storage shed or garage?
It is important to have a level pad for your shed. If going with a stone foundation we recommend that you prepare an area 2 FT larger than your shed size. Example: 12 x 20 – prepare an area 14 x 22. We recommend 3-4 inches of crushed stone. This, in turn, gives you good drainage and keeps your shed dry enhancing its durability.
Note: When going with concrete pad, pad needs to be the exact size of shed due to water drainage. We can level up your building using 2” and 4” solid concrete blocks placing them under the skids.
Does Raber’s Portable Storage Barns do any site preparation work?
We will deliver your shed directly to the site pad. We do not do any site preparations. It is expected that our customers have their site prepared prior to delivery. We do however have several contractors who specialize in site preparation in the area that we could recommend!
How long is the trailer that will be delivering our new shed or garage?
Our regular delivery trucks and trailers consist of either an F-350 pickup truck and a 28′ trailer or a 40′ trailer. Your site needs to be accessible to deliver the building with the mule. We need to have a width clearance of approximately 2′ more than the width of the shed. For example, if you order a 10'×16' shed we would need approximately 12′ wide opening.
Please note: If we do not have access to your site, you will be charged an extra delivery fee if we need to take the shed back for storage. We can still build your shed on site for an additional 13%.
What are the different options to customize the building before ordering?
Our storage sheds come with many different options. We can add additional windows, doors, storage lofts, shutters, vents, reinforced flooring, flower boxes, pressure treated wood ramps, and vinyl siding.
What are the sizes of your door openings?
On 8’ wide 4’ roll door, on 10’ wide 6’ roll doors, on 12’ wide 7’ roll door, on our economy units, 10’ wide has 5’ roll door and 12’ wide has 6’ roll door. All buildings with double doors have a 71” wide opening.
What is included with the purchase of a standard garage?
Our standard garages come with 1 overhead door, 1 window, and reinforced flooring.
How are garages delivered?
The structure is shipped on normal delivery load then we level up building, it is strongly recommended that you put down a 4” gravel pad for added strength.
How does the ordering process work?
- Call or email and explain your needs and how you will be using the shed. We will be more than happy to guide you in the direction that works best for you and email you a detailed quote with a layout of your shed.
- You look over everything and make sure it is exactly how you want it.
- Place your order in our office, online or over the phone.
- We will require a 10% deposit on cash sales or two payments down for Rent to Own.
- We call you 1-2 days in advance to schedule your delivery. We will make sure it fits with your schedule.
- Once our delivery expert arrives at your location he can then determine if he will place it by sliding the barn off the back of the trailer or if he will need to use the mule. Then after barn is leveled and in place, you can start using the shed of your dreams.