(Q) What do you recommend as a pad for our new Storage shed?
(A) It is important to have a level pad for your shed. If going with a stone foundation we recommend that you prepare an area 2 FT larger than your shed size. Example: 12 x 20 – prepare an area 14 x 22. We recommend 3-4 inches of crushed stone. This, in turn, gives you good drainage and keeps your shed dry enhancing its durability. NOTE: When going with concrete pad, pad needs to be the EXACT size of shed due to water drainage. We can level up your building using 2” and 4” solid concrete blocks placing them under the skids.
(Q) Does Raber’s Portable Storage Barns do any site preparation work for your shed?
(A) We will deliver your shed directly to the site pad. We do not do any site preparations. It is expected that our customers have their site prepared prior to delivery. We do however have several contractors who specialize in site preparation in the area that we could recommend!
(Q) How long is the trailer that will be delivering our new shed?
(A) Our regular delivery trucks and trailers consist of either an F-350 pickup truck and a 28′ trailer or a 40′ Trailer. Your site needs to be accessible to deliver the building with the mule. We need to have width clearance of approx. 2′ more than the width of the shed, for example, if you order a 10×16 shed we would need approx. 12′ wide opening to get the shed through. If we do not have access to your site and we must bring your shed back to our shop you will be charged an extra delivery fee. If we do not have access to your site we can build your shed on site for an additional 13%.
(Q) What are the different shed options I can go with when ordering a storage shed?
(A) Our storage sheds come with many different options. We can add additional windows, doors, storage lofts, shutters, Vents, reinforced flooring, flower boxes, pressure treated wood ramps, and vinyl siding.
(Q) What are the sizes of your door openings?
(A) On 8’ wide 4’ roll door, on 10’ wide 6’ roll doors, on 12’ wide 7’ roll door, on our economy units, 10’ wide has 5’ roll door and 12’ wide has 6’ roll door. All buildings with double doors have a 71” wide opening.
(Q) What is included with the purchase of a Standard Garage and how is it delivered?
(A) Our Standard Garages come standard with 1 Overhead Door, 1 Window, & Reinforced Flooring. The structure is shipped on normal delivery load then we level up building, it is strongly recommended that you put down a 4” gravel pad for added strength.
(Q) Where is the 4 x 6’s placed on the sheds?
How does the ordering process work?
- You can call or email us and explain your needs and what you will be using your shed for. We will be more than happy to guide you in the direction that works best for you and email you a detailed quote with a layout of your shed.
- You look over everything and make sure it is exactly how you want it.
- Then you can place your order in our office, online or over the phone.
- We will require 10 % deposit on cash sales or two payments down for Rent to Own.
- We call you 1-2 days in advance to schedule your deliver, we will make sure it fits with your schedule.
- Once our delivery expert arrives at your location he can then determine if he will place it by sliding the barn off the back of trailer or if he will need to use the MULE. Then after barn is leveled and place you can start using the shed of your dreams!